San Diego, CA â€“ January 25, 2011 -- HPCwire, the most widely recognized and accessed news and information site covering the ecosystem of High Performance Computing (HPC) announced today that it has published the HPCwire People to Watch in 2011 list. The list is comprised of an elite group of highly-regarded industry thought leaders selected from the academic, government, industrial, and vendor communities whose work is believed will impact and influence the future of High Performance Computing in 2011 and beyond.
"This is a feature article that we at HPCwire take very seriously when making our selections," said Jeff Hyman, President and Publisher of HPCwire. "With the emergence of a new generation of very brilliant and talented men and women, combined with their involvement in the evolution of exciting new technologies taking place in the industry, made it challenging to reach our final decisions. It's truly an honor for me to be able to acknowledge this year's list of individuals who we believe will be making a difference in the HPC community and in the world with their contributions."
The final selections for the annual listare made following discussions with the HPCwire editorial and publishing teams, guidance from past recipients, and with input from industry luminaries across the HPC community.
The HPCwire People to Watch in 2011 list includes the following HPC industry thought leaders (in alphabetical order):
- Dr. Edoardo Apra, Sr. R&D Staff, Computational Chemical Sciences Group Center for Computational Sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Dr. Wu-chun Feng, Associate Professor of Computer Science and Electrical & Computer Engineering at Virginia Tech (VT), Director, Synergy Laboratory, Virginia Tech*
- Melyssa Fratkin, Industrial Programs Director, Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC)
- Dr. Alan Gara, BlueGene Chief Architect and IBM Fellow, IBM
- Bill Hilf, General Manager, Technical Computing Group, Microsoft Corporation
- Dr. Richard C. Murphy, Principal Member of Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories and Affiliated Faculty, New Mexico State University
- Vsevolod Opanasenko, Founder and CEO, T-Platforms Group
- Faye Pairman, President and CEO, Panasas, Inc.
- Dr. Stephen Wheat, Senior Director, Intel High Performance Computing Platform Intel Corporation*
- Eyal Waldman, Co-founder and CEO, Mellanox Technologies
- The team responsible for building the 2010 #1 Top500 supercomputer; Tianhe-1A housed at China's Tianjin-based National Supercomputer Center
To view the entire feature and learn more about the contributions, backgrounds, and the impact that these selections are making in High Performance Computing, visit: http://www.hpcwire.com/specialfeatures/
* Indicates Previous Recipient
HPCwire is the most recognized and accessed news and information site covering the entire ecosystem of High Performance Computing (HPC). HPCwire is the publication of choice for the global community of business and technology professionals interested in computationally- and data-intensive computing, including infrastructure topics such as software, middleware, hardware, networking, storage, tools and applications. HPCwire delivers exclusive news and features on topics ranging from business and economic issues to advanced and emerging technology directions, all in a timely and easily accessible Internet format. With a powerful combination of email distribution and website portal, HPCwire is enjoyed each week by several hundred thousand readers. Through news, analysis and information, HPCwire facilitates unification of the global HPC community. HPCwire can be found online at http://www.HPCwire.com.
About Tabor Communications, Inc.
Tabor Communications, Inc. is a leading international media, advertising, and communications company that provides solutions, news and information to the High Performance Computing (HPC), cloud computing, and Information Technology (IT) communities. Tabor Communications companies include Tabor Advertising and Tabor Publications & Events. More information on Tabor Communications can be found at http://www.taborcommunications.com.
# # #
Tabor Communications Inc.